I am quite literally obsessed with pasta and trying to find a good gluten-free one can be hard. I recently discovered GoGo Quinoa, and I am hooked! They have such a great variety of types, they're hearty, healthy and most importantly gluten-free, vegan, organic, fair trade and GMO-free.
Another great reason why I love GoGo Quinoa is that it not only meets my pasta craving, but it saves me several calories, and gives me lots of great nutrients as well! I topped it some of my favourite homemade tomato sauce with sauteed veggies, served it to the family and it was a huge hit!
- 2 cups of GoGo Quinoa fusilli pasta
- 5 cups of water, boiled
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, diced
- 5 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pepper, sliced
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp of tomato paste
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt, pepper, oregano, and basil to taste
- BOIL water for pasta in a pot
- SAUTEE onions in a saucepan with a tbsp of extra virgin olive oil until translucent
- ADD garlic, mushrooms, and spices into the saucepan, let brown
- POUR pasta into the pot of boiling water, sprinkle some salt
- STIR pasta for the first 2 minutes to ensure it doesn't stick to the bottom, cover for additional 6 minutes or until al dante
- ADD sliced peppers into the saucepan, stir intermittently
- POUR diced tomatoes and tomato paste into the saucepan, cover and let simmer
- TURN OFF boiling water once pasta has been tested to your liking
- STRAIN water from pasta using a colander
- DRIZZLE pasta with extra virgin olive oil
- POUR pasta into a bowl, and add some sauce on top
Recipe Note: You don't have to make your own tomato sauce, you can just as easily pick out your favourite marinara or pasta sauce from the store to cut your time in half while making the pasta sauce. Feel free to add cheese and/or basil on top if you'd like.