Eating healthy doesn't always have to take extra time, and it certainly doesn't have to compromise on flavor. When I take the time to perfectly saute vegetables and make avocado flowers, I need a quick and easy protein to go with it. Dr. Praegers is always my go to for an easy, healthy and clean protein to add to any meal I make.
All of Dr. Praeger's products taste incredible, and they have such clean ingredients too. Not only can you pronounce every ingredient, but while you're eating them, you can also see the pieces of vegetables that make their amazing vegan, and gluten-free burgers so amazing.
I am so excited to share with you one of my favorite recipes to make any day of the week, when you're alone or if you have company over! I love preparing all my vegetables separately so that people can top their bowls with whatever they like - and it makes for an awesome activity!
Another aspect of this recipe that I love so much is that it's in a BOWL! I am obsessed with making my meals in a bowl. There's something about it, and I can honestly say it tastes better in bowl. I know you're going to love it too!
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 pieces of garlic, diced
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1/4 head of broccoli, torn into small pieces
- 1/4 head of cauliflower, torn into small pieces
- A handful of colored cherry tomatoes
- 3 radishes
- 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 cups of water
- 4 patties of Dr. Praeger's California Veggie Burgers
- PREHEAT the oven to 450 degrees
- SAUTE sliced onions until translucent
- ADD diced garlic in with the onions until cooked, place in a bowl
- SAUTE mushrooms separately in the pan you just used for the onions and garlic
- SAUTE peppers in a separate pan until cooked, place in bowl
- STEAM cauliflower and broccoli separately (if you're using a steamer, I use the same water and just switch veggies after 5-10 minutes), place in separate bowls
- COOK Dr. Praeger's California veggie burgers for approximately 7 minutes on an ungreased pan, carefully flip and bake for another 5 minutes until cooked through and browned
- SAUTE julienned carrots in the same skillet that you used for the peppers, place in a bowl
- CHOP colored cherry tomatoes and radishes, place in separate bowls
- PLACE sauteed mushrooms in a separate bowl
- SET UP the table with the different bowls of cooked vegetables, quinoa and a plate with the Dr. Praeger's California veggie burgers. Everyone gets their own bowl and makes their own!
- HAVE FUN plating and eating!
Recipe Note: If you have a bit of extra time and want to minimize clean up, you can saute the vegetables in steps and use the same skillet. If you don't have a steamer, you can microwave the broccoli and cauliflower in a bowl with 1/2 cup of water for approximately 5 minutes, or saute like the other vegetables. Quinoa can easily be replaced for rice, noodles, cauliflower rice, spiralized zucchini, spaghetti squash or even pasta. If you're craving a sauce on top, I recommend sriracha, tamari, liquid aminos, or tomato sauce.
For more awesome bowl recipes, check out Dr. Praeger's website where you can also enter to win a giveaway for your chance to win $1,500 in prizes so that you can become a Bowl Boss too! Follow Dr Praeger's on Instagram for new bowl ideas every day this month!
Thank you Dr. Praeger's for sponsoring this post. It really means so much to me to work with brands I love and eat all the time, and it makes me so happy that I get to share them with you!